Sunday, November 13, 2022

"Thinking of You"

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge posted on November 9 set the theme "thinking of you." For this challenge, the designers were featuring Paper Rose products. I found that I had an embossing folder from Paper Rose, and put that to work as the background for my card. I invested time (there's just no other word for it) with the Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms die set to make these die cuts the real star of this card.


For this card, I selected several colors of Concord & 9th cardstock: Sprout, Parsley, Ballet Slipper, Honeysuckle, Aqua Sky, Oceanside, White, Mushroom, and Buttercup. I love the gorgeous colors in Concord & 9th's color palette! This yardstick is also a lighter weight at 80 lb, so is easier to layer with designs like this Spellbinders die set. This set has so many elements! I ran all the dies through several times, and I still have a pile of leftovers for more cards!

the leftovers!

This was the first time using this set for me and I did find the process rather tedious at times. The small flower centers, in particular, were the most challenging. I figured out a quicker way to pop all those tiny circles out of the flower centers--I placed the die cut on a folded paper towel, then used my piercer to press down into those tiny dots. It was a bit of an ASMR experience--every time a dot was cut well enough to come out, there was a little pop and a tiny bit of cardstock would go flying, but it was quick and easy! 

I also found I needed to use the Sizzix precision base plate for these dies. All the other tricks of intricate die cuts--running them through upside down, making sure they're on the sides of the plate--just didn't work with these. Once I started using the precision base plate, my cuts were much better, which reduced my frustration considerably! The end result of this frustration and tedium, however, it worth it. These are beautiful die cuts, which made the card easy to put together.

For the card itself, I used a white card base, then used the Hand Stitching 1 embossing folder from Paper Rose to emboss a square of Ballet Slipper cardstock. Both sides of this embossing folder are beautiful--I chose to use the reverse, with the "stitches" raised up toward the recipient. I trimmed that panel down to 5" by 3.75" for landscape orientation, and built the floral arrangement. I placed the longer pieces on the top and left sides first, then popped up the largest blooms in the upper left corner. I filled in the arrangement with smaller flowers and leaves until I was happy with the design.

For a sentiment, I chose "Thinking of you" from the Vintage Garden set by Simon Says Stamp. I heat embossed it with Simon's fine detail silver embossing powder, then cut it out and popped it upon the panel.  I added some silver baubles from Trinity Stamps to add some extra sparkle among the die cuts. Finally, I added foam tape to the back of the pink panel to give it some dimension, and added it to the card base. 

Do you like assembling die cuts like this Spellbinders set? What are your favorite tips and tricks?

Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day!

Supplies used:

  • Hand Stitching 1 embossing folder -- Paper Rose (SSS)
  • Vintage Garden stamp and die set -- SSS
  • Fine detail silver embossing powder -- SSS
  • Embossing ink -- SSS
  • Connect glue -- Gina K (GKD / SSS)
  • Fine tip bottle -- Gina K (GKD)
  • Foam adhesive from my stash
  • Neenah Classic Crest 80 lb. white for card base







2 comments:

  1. Many congratulations ! You have won our challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Please email us at the address in the side bar of our challenge blog so we may explain how you claim your prize. Please be sure to include your full name. Happy shopping !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ! I wonder if you have received my message about winning the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week ? Could you please email us at the address in the sidebar of our blog so we can explain how you claim your prize ? Please be sure to include your full name. Happy shopping !

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be posted once it is approved. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Friendship Leafy Cluster Card

 I saw the beautiful stamp, die, and stencil set Friendship Leafy Cluster from Simon Says Stamp and knew that I just HAD to get this set. Th...