Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Two Cards with Patterned Vellum

I'm starting out the new year by digging into my stash, using those products I've collected over the years but never used! (Crafty collecting is a thing, right? Asking for a friend.)

I pulled out this Vintage Butterflies patterned vellum from Crafters Companion--covered with butterflies and florals in soft colors. It got me thinking about Valentine's Day and I thought I'd see what I could come up with!

Vellum and pink cardstock

For my first card, I created a top folding notecard using Ballet Slipper cardstock from Concord & 9th. Using my nesting oval infinity dies from Hero Arts, I cut an oval into the front of the card. I made a frame for the oval out of some matte gold cardstock from Simon Says Stamp. I selected part of the paper and trimmed it to fit behind the oval window. I adhered it using some Connect glue from Gina K, and added the gold frame on top.

I backed the front of the card with a white panel, to hide the glue and edges of vellum. I spattered the card front with gold acrylic ink and added a few gold butterflies using the dies that coordinate with Concord & 9th's Butterfly Love turnabout stamp set. I also stamped the "spread your wings" sentiment from the same set in black ink. 


(Also, I need to get a better photo setup... part of my plan for 2024!)

For the second card, I used a leftover piece of the same vellum and folded it over the top of another pink notecard, gluing it only to the back of the card so the front is a vellum overlay. The piece wasn't quite as wide as a standard A2 card, so I centered it on the panel. I added narrow gold cardstock strips on either side of the vellum to frame it out against the pink. I used the Love die from Gina K, cutting it twice from white cardstock and once from gold, then adhered it to the top half of the vellum panel.

I stamped and gold heat embossed "you so very much" on a scrap of green cardstock and popped it up on a foam strip, tucking it against the love die. I loved it and didn't dare add another thing!



I really enjoyed stretching myself again and playing with this beautiful vellum! I hope you enjoy and try some of these beautiful vellums yourself. Let me know what you create! I'd love to see more ideas for cards with this product!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be posted once it is approved. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Friendship Leafy Cluster Card

 I saw the beautiful stamp, die, and stencil set Friendship Leafy Cluster from Simon Says Stamp and knew that I just HAD to get this set. Th...