Friday, January 26, 2024

Koi Pond Birthday Card

I had a great time making this card! This card went to my oldest on their 27th birthday. They live several hours away now so I didn't get to see them to celebrate, but I put all the happiness I could find into the card for them!


I stamped the Koi Pond background stamp (discontinued) from Hero Arts with Versamark ink onto watercolor paper and embossed with Gina K's detail black embossing powder. Since watercolor paper has more of a tooth than regular Neenah cardstock, I made sure to stamp twice and really press to get the ink transferred to the surface. 

After the background cooled, I taped it to a board and used my Gansai Tambi watercolors to fill in the areas with color. I went back over some of the areas multiple times to build up the color, as there are some tiny areas in this stamp and it's a little tough to get nice color without overtopping the embossed lines. I let it dry then cut the panel to fit on a green cardstock A2 notecard from my stash. I popped the panel up slightly with some thin foam tape, which also helps to straighten out any warping caused by the watercoloring process.

I added a simple foiled sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's Foiled Sentiments Ephemera 1 pack and a few Boiled Sugar Baubles from Trinity Stamps. 

I still find watercoloring an image rather intimidating. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. Your comment will be posted once it is approved. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Friendship Leafy Cluster Card

 I saw the beautiful stamp, die, and stencil set Friendship Leafy Cluster from Simon Says Stamp and knew that I just HAD to get this set. Th...